Over the years, Botox continues to be a top choice for non-surgical wrinkle treatments. It can be done on your lunch-break, on an outpatient basis and you can see results after the first treatment. Here we look at how Botox can work for you – with some of the most common reasons patients ask for it.
Top 6 treatment areas for Botox
1) Frown lines: Dr Green uses Botox Cosmetic most often for the treatment of frown lines. These lines run vertically between the eyebrows (also often referred to as “11” lines as a result) and are caused when the corrugator muscle repeatedly contracts during frowning. Botox injections can help relax this muscle and thus no longer be able to contract, in turn reducing the wrinkles.
2) Crow’s feet: Dr. Green will often recommend Botox for reducing lines around the eyes, often caused by fatty tissue decreasing in age, or by repetitive motions of smiling and squinting.
3) Forehead lines: Similar in some ways to Frown Line treatments but for horizontal lines, Botox for forehead lines is a common procedure option with male patients.
4) Neck creases / Platysmal bands: A common sign of aging is neck creases and Botox can help minimize the look of these creases. In addition to that, Fraxel and Thermage lasers are also often used as an additional skin resurfacing stage.
5) Chin dimples: An overactive “mentalis” muscle may lead to pebbled, pitted, or “orange peel skin” on the chin. This is easily corrected with Botox where the skin can be flattened out without affecting the movement of your mouth.
6) Wide jawline: Faces that look square or too round can be due to a result of bigger masseter muscles on the sides of the face and jawline. Find out more about Botox for jawlines here.
What does a Botox treatment involve?
The first treatment can be as quick as 15 minutes, and you shouldn’t need any rest or downtime. You should see results within the next few days, however full results take a couple of weeks to settle in. Results will last from about three to five months; then you’ll need to come in for another treatment. It is also common to combine Botox injections with additional procedures to address more than one appearance concern at the same time. For example, laser skin resurfacing, medical-grade facials or chemical peels can be performed in addition to Botox. Together, these treatments can give you healthier skin and a refreshed, younger-looking appearance.
With more than 20 years of experience, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Michele Green can help you look younger and more refreshed, with a non-surgical solution for male or female patients. Based in NYC, patients can contact Dr Green’s Upper East Side practice online today or call 212-535-3088 to learn more about Botox.
View Botox before and after photos at http://www.michelegreenmd.com/botox-before-and-after-photos
View additional FAQs about Botox at http://www.michelegreenmd.com/botox-faq