There are a wide range of options for men looking for cosmetic facial injections and dermal fillers. These include the following:
- Sculptra – This is an injection that helps build your body’s own natural collagen, thus replacing any lost volume. The longevity of Sculptra makes it more desirable than Restylane or Juvederm in some cases. Sculptra also takes a little longer to see results, however once achieved, it can last for a few years. Sculptra can also be combined with Botox injections and laser resurfacing.
- Juvederm – One of the most popular facial treatments, Juvederm is often for men looking to reduce moderate wrinkles and creases in ones face. It can help you smooth out your complexion and provide more volume. Juvederm also lasts up to one year, which makes the temporary boost last a bit longer than similar procedures and is done in only one session.
- Botox – Male celebrities such as Simon Cowell have recently used Botox, and statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons cited a 337% increase in men receiving Botox injections since 2000. Results generally last 4 to 6 months. Find out more about how it can improve frown lines and crow’s feet in men.
- Restylane – Injections last 6 to 9 months, and consists of a clear synthetic gel made with hyaluronic acid. Restylane is injected into your dermal tissue which then naturally increases volume. It is often used for facial scars, such as those from acne, under eyes, along with nasolabial folds (smile lines) and for lip enhancement. Get more details about Restylane and Restylane Silk, including before and after pics of both male and female patients.
- Radiesse – Another option for dermal fillers for men is Radiesse, which reduces wrinkles and scars also. This procedure is often used on smile lines and around the mouth. This filler is composed of calcium hydroxyapatite particles that help restore volume in the skin. Like most dermal fillers, patients should be non-smokers also in order to let the cells heal over time.
- Belotero – This procedure is used for nasolabial folds (smile lines) as well as in the cheeks, chin, under eye area (tear trough) and jowl areas. Male patients for Belotero tend to use this as a method of combating skin issues caused by factors such as sun exposure, stress and aging.
In all cases, treatment procedures are non-surgical and require just a small amount of time, upon which you can go back to your regular day right after. Dr. Michele S. Green is a board certified dermatologist based in NYC and has treated many male patients over the years. With this experience, she knows that men’s skin is generally about 25% thicker than that of a woman, and will have a naturally higher collagen density and therefore will adjust treatments accordingly.
Find out more about various dermal fillers, cosmetic treatments for men and what the right solution for you is by contacting Dr. Michele S. Green at 212 535 3088 or via our online form. Dr. Green is based on the Upper East Side of NYC but has male and female patients from all around the world.